Duct tape is a multi-purpose tape with hundreds of applications! Most people have a roll or two of duct tape in their home for repairs.
Duct tape got its origin during WWII when there was a need for waterproofing boxes of ammunition.
Vesta Stoudt was working in a plant in Illinois packing boxes and saw a need for duct tape. Her idea was approved by President Franklin D. Roosevelt, and duct tape was born!
“The military called the waterproof, cloth-backed, green tape 100-mile-per-hour tape because they could use it to fix anything, from fenders on jeeps to boots.” (Read more)
Now, duct tape is used for tons of applications like…
- General home repair, like patching a hole or holding together two items.
- Industrial work environments, like hanging poly sheeting or bundling materials.
- Construction work environments, like HVAC, abatement, and heavy-duty repairs.
How do you know what type of duct tape to use for your application? There are different grades of duct tape according to how strong the backing is!
- BT-198 is a utility-grade 7-mil duct tape, best suited for general maintenance and repair.
- BT-257 is an industrial grade 9-mil duct tape, perfect for industrial work environments.
- BT-258 is our performance grade 11-mil duct tape, offering durability and making it ideal for construction applications.
In need of something stronger than that? Try BluOx Tape®!
BluOx Tape® is our ultimate heavy-duty 17-mil duct tape, specifically designed for demanding applications. BluOx Tape® is one of the toughest tapes on the market, perfect for repairing, sealing, seaming, and surface protection.