You've got your GaffGun™ - the ultimate tool for efficiently applying floor tape in a wide range of applications. Now, it's time to get it set up!
Step 1. Choose and install a CableGuide™
To install a new CableGuide™, follow these steps:
- Insert the two alignment tabs into the matching holes on the front of the GaffGun™ CableGuide™ slot.
- Press the guide into place until you hear the click of the finger clips locking.
- For applications not involving cables, you can opt to use the FloorGuide™. It's specially designed for applying tape directly to the floor.
Step 2. Attach the roll of tape to your GaffGun™
- Ensure the core of the tape roll is aligned with the clip in the hub of the GaffGun™.
- Slide the roll onto the hub and securely fasten the roll to the GaffGun™.
Step 3. Feed the tape through the CableGuide™
This step ensures that the tape follows the desired path and gets applied precisely where you need it.
*When not in use, you can adhere the end of the tape roll to the bottom of the GaffGun™ to eliminate the need to refeed the tape.
Step 4. Place the GaffGun™ over the cables
Ensure the cables are fully surrounded within the CableGuide™ funnel. This step is crucial for precise taping around cables.
Skip this step for floor marking applications where cables aren’t required.
Step 5. Make sure the tape is securely adhered to the surface
Tack an inch or two of the installed roll of tape behind the GaffGun™. Make sure it is securely adhered to the surface. This step helps get the tape ready for application!
Step 6. Attach the extension handle and adjust its height
If the paddle lock becomes loose, adjust tension as needed with a screwdriver to secure it.
Step 7. Now, it's time to put your GaffGun™ to work!
Push the GaffGun™ forward while applying pressure.
If you find that the tape unwind is too tight or too loose, you can easily adjust it by controlling the tension with the hub knob.
Step 8. Once you've finished, use the back lip on the GaffGun™ to tear the tape
Lastly, always ensure that the tape you've dispensed is properly adhered to the ground or surface to prevent any trips or falls.
Now that you’ve mastered the art of setting up and using the GaffGun™, you’re ready to start saving time, improving efficiency, and achieving professional results in a wide range of applications.