Are you looking for a clean removal masking tape? The first step is determining your requirements!
- How long are you planning to leave the tape on?
- Are you looking for an indoor or outdoor masking tape product?
- Will the tape have any UV exposure?
- Are there any temperature requirements to consider?
The application time can heavily impact the type of product you’re looking for. For short term applications:
If the product is going to be left on for an extended period of time, you might consider a premium masking tape such as Killer Bee® - which can be left on for up to six months indoors.
Indoor and outdoor rated masking tapes have different properties – especially as it relates to UV resistance! Some things to consider:
- What is the environment like?
- Do you know the material the tape is being applied to?
- Is the tape going to be exposed to direct sunlight?
- Is high visibility a consideration?
UV exposure can drastically decrease the lifespan of your outdoor masking tape. It’s important to understand the UV rating before applying your tape outdoors.
If your product goes through a bake cycle – what are the temperature requirements?
- BT-7065 can go through up to six 40-minute bake cycles at 248°F
- Ultra Violet can withstand up to 300°F for 30 minutes
- BT-908 can withstand up to 325°F for 30 minutes
It’s important to understand all these attributes when selecting a masking tape, as well as the final application!
Need some help? Contact an Application Specialist for a product recommendation!